Not everyone believes, but the incident in Oregon and the Presidential Election remind of me this:
(5) And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
As long as believers inhabit the Earth, we need to stand for God. Interestingly, I read a blog immediately after viewing that news clip that postulated that our constant influx of news actually causes the news. I think I'll go back to ignoring the news and concentrate of peaceful things instead.
(6) Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
(7) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
(8) Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
(9) Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.